Audio Only Version
Hey hey! Welcome to episode 144 of Life on Fire TV. Today we’re talking about another important topic for entrepreneurs: technology. Specifically how to scale, automate and grow your business with technology
And here to cover the ins and outs is Scott Robley from InfusionSoft. Scott was a teacher for 2 decades and has always had a passion for helping people learn and apply that knowledge to improve their lives. When he made the switch from education in the school system to educating entrepreneurs he knew he had found his home.
Today he gives us the 3 phases of lifecycle marketing and how to utilize them, 3 things every entrepreneur needs to be successful and and why having the right system, like Infusionsoft, is so vital to your success.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why people don’t buy WHAT you do, but WHY you do it. (10:00)
- If you want something right – DON’T do it yourself! What to do instead. (17:15)
- Think your market is everyone? Think again – Scott explains. (19:20)
- Everyone is in this business – what is it? (22:30).
- An advanced strategy for getting referrals. (28:20)
- And so much more!
The three phases of lifecycle marketing are important to know, they are the linchpin of your marketing process.
1. The first is attract. And there are three components to the attract phase: know your target audience. attract interest. collect your leads.
When you know who your people are you can attract the right fit for your business. And when you know them you can find out their pains so you can offer solutions.
From there it’s a matter of giving and serving. Scott says if you want to out-earn your competitors you have to out-give them. So after you’ve found your right people, attract them and give them great information that helps them and solves their problems. Naturally you’ll need to have a lead capture process for all of these interactions.
2. The second phase of lifecycle marketing is sell. As soon as some people find you they are ready to buy from you, but not most. So you’ll have to educate them, give them an offer and then close the deal.
Educating is most important step because you’ll add value, nurture, and share what you do and WHY you do it. In this stage and all others the more value you add the more natural it is to offer them something.
And when you make an offer you need two things: 1. relevancy and 2. permission. If you are relevant and they give permission it’s offensive not to offer!
3. The third phase is the wow phase. In the wow phase you must deliver and wow, offer more and get referrals.
As Scott shares on this episode remember you’ve got to be different to make a difference. What do you do to wow your customers? What’s your cookie ala the Doubletree Hotel chain?
Your wow doesn’t have to be anything expensive but it must be something. And from this stage on it’s game on! Offer more, wow them more. Sometimes it doesn’t have to relate at all – just offer them more.
The last piece of the wow puzzle is get referrals. Scott has a very simple strategy to making this happen: ask for referrals!
On this episode Scott also gives the pyramid of success for entrepreneurs: the 3 things each of us need to be successful in what we do no matter our business model.
The first is to get a coach, someone who is a few steps further down the road than you are. The second is find a community of like-minded people to support you and help you on your journey – and people you can also help.
And finally the last leg of the pyramid is to have a solid customer relations management system in place, like Infusionsoft, to automate and drive your lifecycle marketing process.
There’s plenty more where that gold came from – listen in to episode 144 of Life on Fire TV to get it all! Thanks for being here and we’ll see you next time.