Audio Only Version
Hey hey! Welcome to episode 173 of Life on Fire. Whether or not you realize it you are in sales. Every day you are selling something: you’re selling yourself to your clients if you have your own business, you are selling to your boss if you work for someone else, you are selling your kids on doing their homework, etc.
But if the idea of selling gives you the heebie jeebies like it does me you’ll want to listen to today’s guest, Ben Chaib. Ben is a master salesman who has generated over 926 million dollars in sales in his career.
He was a speaker at our most recent Ignite event, and he gave a rousing presentation on authentic sales. He explains the two tips necessary for effective communication and sales, as well as the reason most people fail in sales and how you can avoid doing the same.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why you’re in sales, even if you don’t think you are. (5:10)
- Why do most people fail in sales? (6:55)
- How to give a dollar value to the word NO. (8:00)
- When is price only an issue during a sales conversation? (16:00)
- You receive an objection for one of two reasons: what are they? ( 16:10)
- And so much more!
With over 926 million dollars in sales under his belt Ben knows the sales process better than most people. That kind of success can only be the result of a true and authentic understanding of what works and what doesn’t work during the sales process.
On this episode Ben shares his two keys to dramatically increasing your business through more sales. The first tip is to embrace the no. While you may have heard this from other sales professionals, Ben takes it a step further: he teaches how to attach a monetary value to each no you get.
Take how much your product is worth – Ben uses the example of $28,000 on today’s show – and then the number of conversations it takes you to get a yes – again Ben’s example is 35 – then divide 28,000 by 35. The answer is the monetary value of each conversation.
By mentally training yourself to think of each conversation being worth that number you’ll have more conversations, regardless of the outcome. It’s a terrific tip to staying unattached to the outcome and staying focused on the action.
Ben’s other tip is significance. Price is only an issue in the absence of value. So as long as you’re talking to someone who wants what you have all you must do is build value, and build trust. And the easiest way to do that is by uncovering the other person’s problem and having them share what the implications of that inaction has on their business and their life.
Today he also shares why it’s important to find out what a solution will mean to them and have them get present to that possibility, and why doing so will create so much value your price point won’t matter! Listen in to episode 173 of Life on Fire to hear that and so much more!
- Sell and Succeed website http://sellandsucceed.com/#welcome
- Earning six figures or more? Book a complementary session with Ben benscalendarvip.com
- Ben Chaib on Twitter https://twitter.com/sellandsucceed
- Life on Fire website http://www.lifeonfire.wpengine.com
- Subscribe to Life on Fire TV Podcast http://www.lifeonfire.wpengine.com/itunes
- Write a Review on iTunes http://www.lifeonfire.wpengine.com/itunes